Friday, January 7, 2011

Blog Updates!

Happy 2011 everyone! I wanted to kick off the new year by giving everyone a little update on the blog. In an effort to become an official Online Critic for the movie website RottenTomatoes.com, I created an account on their website. After days of coordinating my Critic Profile on their site, I've finally managed to link it to my blog.

My Critic Profile at RottenTomatoes offers the same features as my blog and more. On my personal page, users can click the "ranking" icon and search for any movie title they'd like. If I've rated the movie (there's about 800 films listed), then my personal ranking will appear.

You can access my RottenTomatoes Profile Page by clicking the link on the right hand side of the page. Enjoy.


What to expect over the next month or two:


With 2010's awards season kicking off this month, I"ll be blogging on an assortment of topics.

First, I'll post my personal nominations and picks for 2010 using the 6 major categories (Best Lead Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Director, and Best Picture). Solely based on my own opinion.

Then, I will do my own 2010 Razzies. It will include the 6 same categories, all recognizing the worst films and performances last year had to offer.

And once the official Oscar Nominations are released, I'll be blogging on who I think will walk home with the hardware. Last year I went 5 out of 6 in the major categories (you can find it in the archives section to the right), so you won't want to miss that!


Finally, later this month into February I will be blogging about the vision of a director. I'm interviewing a local friend and filmmaker named Daniel Speers. Dan's taking the time out of his schedule to answer some of my questions and he's also invited me to come watch him shoot and direct his latest sci-fi picture. It will give me (and hopefully you) a better perspective about what goes through a director's mind, and some insight into the film making process. It should be very interesting, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment