Friday, October 20, 2017

I, Tonya (TEASER) and I Love You, Daddy Trailers


A pair of films that debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival just unveiled their first mainstream footage. First up is Craig Gillespie's unapologetically edgy biopic (of sorts), I, Tonya. Told through written court testimony and personal interviews from the most unreliable of source, the film follows the difficult upbringing of notorious Olympic figure skater, Tonya Harding (Margot Robbie). As last night's Opening Night selection at the Philadelphia Film Festival, I can say with a large amount of confidence that audiences will eat up the wildly unhinged and engaging re-telling of the attack on Nancy Kerrigan and the ultimate demise of rival Tonya Harding. Check out I, Tonya's first official teaser trailer below.





Another film premiering at TIFF comes from the comedic mind writer, director and co-star Louis C.K. The funnyman's directorial debut I Love You, Daddy appears to intentionally frame Louis C.K.'s character in a Woody Allen-esqe manner, as a popular television writer whose younger daughter (Chloe Grace Moretz) becomes the attraction of a much older actor (John Malkovich) with an awful past. Initial reviews were mixed for the black & white filmed comedy, but Louis C.K. possesses an intelligent and creative mind that, at the very least, has me intrigued. You can catch the debut trailer for I Love You, Daddy below.



No comments:

Post a Comment