Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PFF: Tuesday Night Recap



Since I began feeling under the weather on Monday night, I refused to let it put a damper on this year's Philadelphia Film Festival. Doing my best to recover by a busy Thursday, Friday and Saturday that I have planned, I've decided to take it easy during the middle of this week. However, one film I would NEVER think about missing is the Wachowski's Cloud Atlas which played yesterday evening. As the acclaimed directors of The Matrix trilogy, Andy and Lana Wachowski have attempted to raise the bar by adapting the award winning novel. Despite my initial reservations about the three hour spectacle, Cloud Atlas is a wondrous and fascinating tale of epic proportions. As a clear work of art that tells a grand story, Cloud Atlas warrants every ounce of your attention and commitment. Anything less is simply unacceptable. And although I don't view the film as a top tier awards season contender, Cloud Atlas still proves to be a thrilling and unforgettable journey. I'm already looking forward to its DVD release so that I can sit down and closely dissect each little nuance to an otherwise big picture.


A Look At Today:

I plan on taking it easy again today in hopes of a full recovery by tomorrow. That being said, the only film I plan on catching today is The Comedy starring Tim Heidecker. You can check out its strange but intriguing trailer below.


No comments:

Post a Comment